Shambhala 2013 Press Application
Thank you for your interest in covering Shambhala Music Festival.
We will accept applications until June 21st, 2013. Applications received after this date will not be reviewed or accepted.
Press Credentials are very limited and not all applications will be approved.
PRINT AND ONLINE NATIONAL/REGIONAL MEDIA OUTLETS: Please complete the official application form detailing your planned coverage. All applicants will be notified by July 5th, 2013.
BLOGGERS: A limited # of credentials are available to bloggers. Please help us by providing detailed information about the website, including traffic, hits, coverage, etc.
FREELANCE PRINT MEDIA: All Press MUST be on assignment with coverage secured. If you are a freelance writer on assignment, please have your editor send a letter confirming this to media@shambhalamusicfesival.
RADIO & PODCASTING: Please provide streamable audio of your radio show/podcasts. Preference is given to content relative to electronic music / festivals.
NO PHOTOGRAPHY / VIDEOGRAPHY BY PRESS: Only official SMF Media Team Photographers and Videographers may capture images of Shambhala. The SMF Media Team is selected by Jury each year – this team is currently full.
Images for your article will be provided through the SMF Media Center.
- All outlets / periodicals / websites – please include stats on circulation, monthly visitors, and coverage area.
- Please submit a recent article you have written via email attachment to media@shambhalamusicfestival.
com, or provide links in the space on this form.
- Submitting this application doesn’t automatically qualify you for press credentials – you’ll be notified by July 5th, 2013 if you’ve been accepted.
- History or previous acceptance to press crew doesn’t guarantee acceptance or waive any requirements of the application.
- Misrepresentation of position or publication will result in loss of opportunity to report on future Shambhala Music Festival, Ltd. productions.
- Press credentials are given to working members of the press only. Other employees, friends, etc of press applicants who don’t work in an editorial capacity do not qualify for press accreditation.
- Shambhala Music Festival, Ltd. reserves the right to eject anyone (on-site by ticket or otherwise), who is not acting in the best interest of the festival, its attendees or is in any way abusing the privilege of accredited press personnel. This includes respecting the performer/audience relationship, performer privacy, guest privacy backstage and talent lounge protocol.
- You will need to bring photo I.D. and be photographed for lanyard, tag all gear, and sign a “Press Protocol” agreement. If you’d like to send a copy of your publication in advance, or you think we may not be familiar with it, feel free to mail a copy to: Shambhala Music Festival Suite 2003 – 622 Front St. Nelson BC V1L 4B7
Thanks for your time and we appreciate your interest and support.