Where is Shambhala?
Shambhala is held on the pristine Salmo River Ranch, a 500 acre cattle farm nestled in the Salmo River Valley in Southern Interior British Columbia, Canada.
Our location is pretty remote and there are no major cities nearby – Shambhala itself becomes the largest city in the West Kootenay Region for a week. It can be a little bit challenging to get here, but we’re here to help make that as easy as possible.
If you have any questions about Getting Here that aren’t covered on this page, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6 km east of Salmo, BC.
- Use Rootless.me Shambhala Rideshare Board
- Use Kootenay Rideshare Board
- Post a Message on our Shambhala Forums (note: you’ll need to create an account if you don’t already have one and you’ll have to reply to one other forum post before you’re able to post new topics)
Crossing the Border
Nearest Border Crossings:
- Nelway – 11.7 miles to festival site – open 8am-midnight daily
- Waneta – 34.1 miles to festival site – open 9am – 5pm daily
- Paterson – 49 miles to festival site – open 24 hrs
Because of the unpredictable nature of travel, we recommend crossing the Paterson border. That way you don’t have to worry if you end up running late – that crossing is always open.
- Trail BC – 43 km, approx 50 minutes drive to festival site – Regional Airport (flights from Vancouver South Terminal Only)
- Castlegar BC – 44 km, approx 50 minutes drive to festival site – Regional Airport
- Cranbrook BC – 197 km, approx 2.5 hr drive to festival site – Int’l Airport (plus time change)
- Spokane WA, USA – 169 mi, approx 3.5 hr drive to festival site – Int’l Airport (plus Border Crossing time, recommended route via Paterson shown, 24 hr crossing)
- Kelowna BC – 346 km, approx 5 hr drive to festival site – Int’l Airport
- Calgary, AB – 581 km, approx 6.5 hr drive to festival site – Int’l Airport
- Vancouver BC – 669 km, approx 8.75 hr drive to festival site, Int’l Airport
Cab, carpool or car rental from Trail or Castlegar
Carpool or car rental from Cranbrook, Spokane or Kelowna
Carpool, car rental or shuttle bus from Vancouver or Calgary
We can’t wait to be dancing under the stars with you!
Want to know more about our local area, accommodations, available services, etc?