Where is Shambhala?
Shambhala is held on the pristine Salmo River Ranch, a 500 acre cattle farm nestled in the Salmo River Valley in Southern Interior British Columbia, Canada.
Our location is pretty remote, and there are no major cities nearby – Shambhala itself becomes the largest city in the West Kootenay Region for a week. It can be a little bit challenging to get here, but we’re here to help make that as easy as possible.
If you have any questions about Getting Here that aren’t covered on this page, just email us at email@example.com.
6 km east of Salmo, BC.
- Use Rootless.me Shambhala Rideshare Board
- Use Kootenay Rideshare Board
- Post a Message on our Shambhala Forums
Crossing the Border
Nearest Border Crossings:
- Nelway – 11.7 miles to festival site – open 8am-midnight daily
- Waneta – 34.1 miles to festival site – open 9am – 5pm daily
- Paterson – 49 miles to festival site – open 24 hrs
Because of the unpredictable nature of travel, we recommend crossing the Paterson border. That way you don’t have to worry if you end up running late – that crossing is always open.
- Trail BC – 43 km, approx 50 minutes drive to festival site – Regional Airport (flights from Vancouver South Terminal Only)
- Castlegar BC – 44 km, approx 50 minutes drive to festival site – Regional Airport
- Cranbrook BC – 197 km, approx 2.5 hr drive to festival site – Int’l Airport (plus time change)
- Spokane WA, USA – 169 mi, approx 3.5 hr drive to festival site – Int’l Airport (plus Border Crossing time, recommended route via Paterson shown, 24 hr crossing)